ARCHAEOLOGY IN TERRITORIAL PLANNING FOR CHILE, CURRENT SITUATION AND PERSPECTIVES. A CASE STUDY OF CAUTIN PROVINCE, REGION OF ARAUCANIA
- Munita, Doina - Pena Cortes, Fernando - Farias, Aldo
- Datos de publicación:
- CHUNGARA-REVISTA DE ANTROPOLOGIA CHILENA,Vol.45,293-310,2013
- Archaeology - landscape - territorial planning - Araucania - Chile
- Migración Web of Science 
- A general model is proposed for the incorporation of archaeology in the territorial planning for Chile, considering the physicality of archaeological resources. By means of the review of relevant regulations, the instruments of territorial planning, and current considerations of institutional levels for archaeological resources, we try to demonstrate the importance and the need for appropriate classifications of territories. For this, we use the model of archaeological resources for the Province of Cautin, in the region of Araucania, and hope this scheme can be replicated in other regions of the nation.