Scientific production on the integration of ICT to Physical Education. Bibliometric study in the period 1995-2017
- Cabrera Ramos, Juan Francisco
- Datos de publicación:
- RETOS-NUEVAS TENDENCIAS EN EDUCACION FISICA DEPORTE Y RECREACION,Vol.,748-754,2020
- Pedagogy - Physical Education - ICT Integration - Bibliometrics - Collaboration
- Migración Web of Science 
- In recent decades, scientific literature has provided arguments about the integration of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Physical Education in a systematic way. The objective of this research is to describe the trend of scientific production in the area of ICT and Physical Education in the period from 1995 to 2017. The study is based on the bibliometric analysis of publications collected in various databases of scientific publications. A total of n = 521 contributions were collected, including scientific articles, presentations at scientific events, theses, books, and book chapters. The most productive authors, the main sources of information, the main areas of research, and the most influential contributions were determined. There is a high degree of national collaborations but a low level of international ones, and a low number of authors with more than one publication on the subject. In the domain maturity analysis, we can consider this topic as in a growth phase.