Evaluating achievement of competences through integration workshops: an approach with strategies supported by ICT
- Herrera Gamboa, Oriel - Lévano Huamaccto, Marcos - Rojas Mora, Julio - IEEE
- Datos de publicación:
- 2018 37TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE CHILEAN COMPUTER SCIENCE SOCIETY (SCCC),Vol.,,2018
- competences validacion - ICT tools - integration workshop
- Migración Web of Science 
- Global changes and current trends have led to major revisions in the field of education. In the context of higher education, it has proliferated successfully to move the curricula to a competency-based education. Also, the incorporation of ICT in the training process is a growing trend that has been strongly positioned in all levels of education. However, beyond the models and paradigms, what is relevant is the implementation of an innovative proposal. This is where the problems of a complex implementation are experienced. At UC Temuco, the computer science program renewed its curriculum to a competency model. For the evaluation of achievement of competences, a course called integration workshop is included in the curriculum at the end of each year. These courses include a series of individual and group strategies, which have been designed, refined and improved over the years. ICT is a strong component in the support of strategies, including tools for collaboration, authorship, software project management, among others. The workshops are evaluated externally through an event called 'project fair', where actors from the business, government and academic world are invited. Results have been very satisfactory and have allowed a continuous improvement of the strategies and the selection of ICT support tools.