- Romero Muñoz, Francisco Gonzalo
- Facultad de Recursos Naturales
- Datos de publicación:
- Temuco, Universidad Católica de Temuco, 2019
- Acuicultura - Indicadores - Producción acuícola - Bienes públicos
- Producción Alimentaria 
- Despite the notorious development of aquaculture in Chile, it does not have a system of indicators to account for its specific performance, nor for the performance of its multiple interrelationships. The existence of a system of indicators to measure the performance of a productive sector is a very useful tool for both the public and private sectors since it allows identifying and evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of the sector and defining where it is necessary to carry out interventions, of both public policies and private actions. The evaluation of these interventions allows generating transparency in the allocation of public funds, coherence in the policies and actions developed and efficiency in the resources destined to the promotion of the sector.
Given the relevance of the aquaculture industry for the national economy and the need to generate a system of indicators that allows for a better sectoral management, this document addresses a project proposal for leveraging public resources under the modality of Public Goods, being this instrument the one that best suits these needs since the measurement of the performance of a productive sector is a complex process that is not only measured by individual or generic outcome variables such as production, employment, income, costs, etc. but also through the way in which the members of the sector relate to each other. That is to say, by the capacity to obtain collective profits through synergies, cooperation, coordination, use of technological externalities, information, and reduction of transaction costs, etc. The formulation of a project of these characteristics is made on a pre-established and self-contained form that clearly establishes what information must be provided in a standardized and simple process that allows, in this way, to focus the subsequent analysis of relevance in the sectoral impact of the Public Good to be developed