- Avilez Ruíz, Juan Pablo - Escobar, P. - Von Fabeck, G. - Villagrán, K. - García, F. - Matamoros, Roberto - Martínez, A.G.
- Agronomía - Medicina Veterinaria
- Facultad de Recursos Naturales
- Fecha de publicación:
- Datos de publicación:
- Revista Cientifica de la Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias de la Universidad del Zulia , Vol. 20, Nº1, 74-80, 2010
- Análisis multivariado - Explotaciones lecheras
- Producción Alimentaria 
- The objective of this study was to characterize dairy productive systems of Vilcún commune, Cautín province, the IXth Region, Chile, linking qualitative and quantitative variables using statistical multivariate analysis of simple correspondence. 24 dairy farms were analyzed: 11 considered small size, 7 medium ones and 6 big dairy producers. The general results show that the big producers have a larger surface of hectares dedicated to the dairy, more days of lactation and an average production of 14 L per day, in comparison with 9 L of the medium and small producers. The multivariable analysis of simple correspondence shows association between the educational level of the dairy producers and the quantity of produced milk. Thus, big producers have possess a professional title of degree senior technician or engineer. On the other hand, the level of education of the milkers was at least secondary level for the big producers and basic complete and incomplete for the small and medium producers. Likewise, the producers who carry out twice-daily milking have bigger total production of milk, and the drying therapy is carried out more in big and medium producers than in the small ones. The use of cooling tank is of permanent use in the producers with a greater productive volume. Finally, the big producers used a reproductive records which are associated with their high productions. About the sanitary aspect was observed that the producers with more seniority in the business have fewer mastitis problems in their herd.