- Ingeniería en Acuicultura - Ingeniería en Recursos Naturales Renovables
- Facultad de Recursos Naturales
- Fecha de publicación:
- Datos de publicación:
- Gayana, Vol.70, N°1, 16-23, 2006
- Macrófitos acuáticos - Hidrófitas - Ecosistemas acuáticos
- Medio Ambiente 
- By means of a bibliographic review, a panorama of the state of art of the vascular macrophytes of chilean continental aquatic systems was carried through. 455 species of aquatic macrophytes were registered, 3 of them belonging to Gymnospermae, 15 to Pteridophytes, 184 to Monocotyledoneae and 253 to Dicotyledoneae. Only 62 of the total are typical hidrophytes. The total of the macrophytes represents 8,7% of the continental chilean flora, and the hidrophytes, only 1,2%. In terms of phytogeographic origins, the high percentage of native species is outstanding (79,3%) in relation to the introduced species (20,7%). In terms of their conservation state, only Gymnospermae and Pteridophytes have this condition clearly defined; of the 18 registered species in these two groups, 4 are considered "endangered", 3 "vulnerable", and 2 "rare". The lack of the corresponding studies referring to the rest of the species is a clear sign that this topic has to be urgently considered, together with the taxonomic study of important family genera, such as Cyperaceae, Juncaceae and Potamogetonaceae, in addition to antecedents about their ecophysiology.