'Claim - Support - Question' Routine to Foster Coherence Within Interactive Oral Communication Among EFL Students
- Arevalo Balboa, Fabiola - Briesmaster, Mark
- Datos de publicación:
- PROFILE-ISSUES IN TEACHERS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT,Vol.20,143-160,2018
- Claim - support - question routine - coherence - discourse competence - interactive communication
- Migración Web of Science 
- This article reports on the results of an action research study that aimed to determine the effect of a thinking routine in the development of coherence in speaking interactions. The study was carried out with two groups of second year business students in an English as a foreign language program at a university in southern Chile. A mixed methods approach was used to collect data before and after the intervention through questionnaires and pre- and post-tests. The findings suggest that the impact of the application of the routine was significant in promoting the speaking competence, especially in developing coherence within interactive communication.