Convergence of a MFE-FV method for two phase flow with applications to heap leaching of copper ores
- Cariaga López, Emilio - Concha, F. - Sepulveda, M.
- Datos de publicación:
- COMPUTER METHODS IN APPLIED MECHANICS AND ENGINEERING,Vol.196,2541-2554,2007
- convection dominated-diffusion problem - two phase flow in porous media - combined MFE-FV - A priori error estimates - heap leaching
- Migración Web of Science 
- In this paper we describe error estimates for a finite element approximation to partial differential systems describing two-phase immiscible flows in porous media, with applications to heap leaching of copper ores. These approximations are based on mixed finite element (MFE) methods for the pressure and velocity and finite volume (FV) for the saturation. The fluids are considered incompressible. Numerical results for heap leaching simulation are presented. (C) 2007 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.