Socio-educational contexts of teaching practices and their contributions to pedagogical training of future teachers
- Flores-Lueg, Carolina - Turra Díaz, Omar
- Datos de publicación:
- EDUCAR EM REVISTA,Vol.35,267-285,2019
- Teachers training - Practical training - Socio-educational contexts - Urban school - Rural school
- Migración Web of Science 
- Practical training installed on the curriculum of initial teacher instruction is understood as a fundamental curricular space for teaching learning and the construction of pedagogical knowledge in future teachers. Considering that the professional teacher performance is developed in diverse demographic and sociocultural contexts, this article presents the results of a research that looked into the significances attributed by pedagogy students to the experience of practical training in two different socio-educational contexts: the urban and rural school. In its design, it was employed a qualitative methodology, the semi-structured interview was the technique of production of information. Twelve students of two General Primary Education programs, from a public university in Chile participated. Among main results, a positive valuation of practical training is highlighted in both performance contexts, and in particular, for rurality, the formative immersion in this educational space contributes to extend the meanings about being a teacher, relieving social role and work with the community that teachers develop in this context.