The effect of physical and chemical parameters on the structure and composition of the phytoplankton community of Lake Budi (IX Region, Chile)
- Basualto, Silvia - Tapia, Jaime - Cruces, Fabiola - Bertran, Carlos - Schlatter, Roberto - Pena Cortes, Fernando - Hauenstein Barra, Enrique
- Datos de publicación:
- JOURNAL OF THE CHILEAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY,Vol.51,993-999,2006
- Lake Budi - salinity - phytoplankton - water quality
- Migración Web of Science 
- The chemical characteristics of the waters of Lake Budi (IX Region, Chile), in winter and summer were analysed in order to establish seasonal variations and determine their influence on the various phytoplankton components On the basis of the results it was possible to indicate that the chemical parameters found in the water body under examination vary in time and space, giving rise to different algal communities. The strong influence of salinity on the phytoplankton communities in both study periods appears to result principally from the influence of the sea, resulting from the intrusion of salt water during certain periods of the year. The predominant chemical characteristic in summer indicates a slight reduction in water quality, due to a rise in temperature and a reduction in the oxygen concentration.