Analysis of the evolution on desertification approaches: a review of 170 case-studies
- Huaico Malhue, Ana - Romero Diaz, Asuncion - Espejel Carbajal, Martha Ileana
- Datos de publicación:
- CUADERNOS GEOGRAFICOS,Vol.57,53-71,2018
- post-normal science - desertification - sustainability
- Migración Web of Science 
- Desertification prevention, remediation, and mitigation are moving toward management with social participation. The post-normal orsustainability science provides conceptual tools from the interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary approaches to address the study and the monitoring of environmental pro-cesses in an integrated manner. The question guiding this research is: have the approaches on desertification re-search evolved towards the development of inter/trans-disciplinary studies? In order to identify those aspects that need to be strengthened by specialists on desertification, it is important to obtain integrated studies that allow the decision-making process. For this purpose, a bibliographical review was conducted; leading to the conclusion that research about the assessment and monitoring of desertification is in an emerging stage of transition towards post-normal science that requires greater involvement of social and economics sciences.