School and Sport as 'Epistemicic Ludic' in the Abya Yala Cultures
- Moreno Dona, Alberto - Hortiguela Alcala, David - Carter Thuillier, Bastián
- Datos de publicación:
- CULTURA CIENCIA Y DEPORTE,Vol.14,61-69,2019
- epistemicide - sport - game - Abya Yala - Eurocentrism
- Migración Web of Science 
- The aim of this research is to analyze the relationship between school, play and sport, from a sociocultural, critical and decolonial positioning. In order to do so, it exposes itself to the idea of epistemicide, understood as the way in which modern epistemology destroys its own cultural components and knowledge and imposes Eurocentric criteria in the way of understanding and practicing play and sport. The analysis is divided into three sections. The first shows how the western school has broken into Latin American educational processes. The second section focuses on how the conception of sport has disrupted the playful processes inherent in educational processes. In the third, the interaction between the apparent educational chaos and the playful aspects is considered.