Calibration of a sedimentation model through a continuous genetic algorithm
- Coronel, Anibal - Berres, Stefan - Lagos, Richard
- Datos de publicación:
- INVERSE PROBLEMS IN SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING,Vol.27,1263-1278,2019
- Continuous genetic algorithms - calibration - parameter identification - inverse problems
- Migración Web of Science 
- In this contribution we consider the problem of flux identification in a scalar conservation law modelling the phenomenon of sedimentation. The experimental observation data used for the calibration consist of a solid concentration profile at a fixed time. The identification problem is formulated as an optimization one, where the distance between the profiles of the model simulation and observation data is minimized by a least squares cost function. The direct problem is approximated by a monotone finite volume scheme. The numerical solution of the calibration problem is obtained by a continuous genetic algorithm. Numerical results are presented in order to validate the efficiency of the proposed algorithm.