The genus Artemia Leach, 1819 (Crustacea: Branchiopoda). I. True and false taxonomical descriptions
- Asem, Alireza - Rastegar-Pouyani, Nasrullah - De Los Rios-Escalante, Patricio
- Datos de publicación:
- LATIN AMERICAN JOURNAL OF AQUATIC RESEARCH,Vol.38,501-506,2010
- Artemia - saline lakes - morphology - species - taxonomy
- Migración Web of Science 
- The brine shrimp Artemia is important for aquaculture since it is highly nutritious. It is also used widely in biological studies because it is easy to culture. The aim of the present study is to review the literature on the taxonomical nomenclature of Artemia. The present study indicates the existence of seven species: three living in the Americas, one in Europe, and three in Asia.