ZigBee-based wireless sensor network localization for cattle monitoring in grazing fields
- Ignacio Huircan, Juan - Munoz, Carlos - Young, Hector - Von Dossow, Ludwig - Bustos, Jaime - Vivallo, Gabriel - Toneatti Bastidas, Marcelo
- Datos de publicación:
- COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS IN AGRICULTURE,Vol.74,258-264,2010
- Wireless sensor networks - ZigBee - Localization - Cattle monitoring - Low-cost - Energy-efficient
- Migración Web of Science 
- This paper presents the design of a localization scheme in wireless sensor networks (WSN) for cattle monitoring applications in grazing fields. No additional hardware was required for distance estimation since they were performed using the link quality indication (LQI), which is a standard feature of the ZigBee protocol. The ratiometric vector iteration (RVI) algorithm was implemented and modified to work with LQI measurements instead of the usual received signal strength indication (RSSI). Experimental results show acceptable localization performance given the requirements of usual cattle monitoring applications at low cost and low power consumption. (C) 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.