NEOLIBERALISM INFLUENCE IN THE CHILEAN SOCIAL WORK: PROFESSIONAL AND USERS' POINTS OF VIEW
- Alberto Vivero-Arriagada, Luis
- Datos de publicación:
- REVISTA COLOMBIANA DE CIENCIAS SOCIALES,Vol.8,126-149,2017
- Social Workers Training - Economic Systems - Ideologies - Science Philosophy
- Migración Web of Science 
- Objective: To analyze and interpret the influence of neoliberalism in Chilean Social Work. Method: The points of view of users and benefactors of social programs are interpreted from a critical-hermeneutic perspective. All this articulated with the revision of historical data of Social Work. Results: It is seen that the profession is still influenced by conservative perspectives, expressed in a pragmatic/functional intervention having a weak theoretical framework. Conclusions: The need of strengthening the conceptual-theoretical formation, define theoretical paths in the undergraduate programs and a continuous link between the academy and the professional field of action are pointed out.